HISTORY

Treatments
BABY #1- 6 Clomid cycles, 2 IUIs with Femara, 1 IVF with 3 embryos transferred, 2 more IUIs with Femara & Follistim, and finally 1 IUI with Follistim.
BABY #2 - 2 Follistim cycles and natural conception
BABY #3 - natural conception, miscarried at 10 weeks
BABY #4 - natural conception

Timing
Decided to start a family May 2005. After testing & un-related delays, began first treatment cycle Oct 2005. First pregnancy confirmed Sept 2007. Second pregnancy confirmed Mar 2011. Third & fourth pregnancies - 2015.

For other IF couples
If you want to skip back to our infertility adventures, please see the history on the right hand margin. There you can find our journey from 2005 through 2007.

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Start Lupron tomorrow

DH & I went back to NCCRM today... I had another U/S & he had to leave a 'backup' deposit in case anything happens the day of the retrevial. These guys are supposed to be good at what they do, but I have to say they leave a lot to be desired in the bedside manner & patient education arenas. I never seem to know what's going on unless I ask.

Turns out I was supposed to have already had my meds overnighted from the pharmacy but I didn't. She said it wouldn't matter to start the Lupron a day later. So I had to jump on the phone & get it overnighted so it'll be here tomorrow. Turns out when the pharmacy asked me if I wanted to hold my order, he meant the whole order when I thought he was just asking about one specific med. I didn't realize the order would come all at once. I thought I'd get each med as I needed it. Even the lady I talked to today assumed I had understood that. Anyway, it's supposed to be here tomorrow & since I work@home, it should be no big deal.. I'll be here to get it.

Lupron is a little shot, so I'm not worried about that part. I'm sure it'll be no big deal. But the side-effects I'm not looking forward to. I've heard some horror stories about how others reacted to this one. I guess we'll see ...

No comments: