HISTORY

Treatments
BABY #1- 6 Clomid cycles, 2 IUIs with Femara, 1 IVF with 3 embryos transferred, 2 more IUIs with Femara & Follistim, and finally 1 IUI with Follistim.
BABY #2 - 2 Follistim cycles and natural conception
BABY #3 - natural conception, miscarried at 10 weeks
BABY #4 - natural conception

Timing
Decided to start a family May 2005. After testing & un-related delays, began first treatment cycle Oct 2005. First pregnancy confirmed Sept 2007. Second pregnancy confirmed Mar 2011. Third & fourth pregnancies - 2015.

For other IF couples
If you want to skip back to our infertility adventures, please see the history on the right hand margin. There you can find our journey from 2005 through 2007.

Thursday, November 01, 2007

Most photographed fetus ever


Our little one had his/her 4th ultrasound photos taken today! And he's only 12 1/2 weeks old (Jack says it's good practice cuz I'll be taking pics everyday once the kid is born - lol, probably true).

So backing up a little bit, we got the call with results from Duke Perinatal as we pulled into the doctors parking lot. I normally would have written down every number she gave, but was just not possible as I was trying to listen to the nurse & give Jack driving directions at the same time. But, the good news is that our risk of any of the diseases they tested for is actually reduced (lower than the general risk for my age). So we decided not to pursue the repeat screening in 2nd trimester.

This OB office has patients bring in their pee in a cup instead of doing it there in the office. And my first experience with this was not good. I did my business and put the cup in the little bag they gave us. And the cup went straight thru the bottom of the bag and landed on the bathroom floor. Lovely. So I grabbed my stapler (ok this is at like 6AM you know and I am NOT a morning person) and stapled the bag shut. Now my pee cup is staying in the bag & I'm back to bed for a few minutes. About the time we got in the car, I realized not only is the bag busted, but now the cup is leaking. (We were in Jack's car, not mine.. haha). Of course.. this is when I realized staples (instead of maybe.. oh I don't know - tape?) was a bad idea. So I manage to get the cup & bag to the office without too much of a mess & grabbed some tissues & hand sanitizer there in the waiting room. Hopefully the cup/bag they gave me for the next visit will be a little more sturdy.

I have this tendency to be either too early or too late for just about everything. Dr visits are no exception. So even with Jack driving, stopping by the courthouse so Jack could get some lawyerly work done, and grabbing breakfast-to-go at a little shop near the courthouse, we were still over 30 minutes early. And of course, the ultrasound tech was running behind with all the other ladies needing an u/s. It is always fun to see the baby even though I just saw him last week & not much of anything had changed. The pics that were printed out for us were not the best. He/she had gotten into an odd position by the time the tech took pics for us. Everything looked good so she sent us on our way. We had about a 5 second visit with a nurse practioner b/c the OB was busy. Not much to report there. So we're all doing well & anxiously waiting til we find out the sex!

No comments: