HISTORY

Treatments
BABY #1- 6 Clomid cycles, 2 IUIs with Femara, 1 IVF with 3 embryos transferred, 2 more IUIs with Femara & Follistim, and finally 1 IUI with Follistim.
BABY #2 - 2 Follistim cycles and natural conception
BABY #3 - natural conception, miscarried at 10 weeks
BABY #4 - natural conception

Timing
Decided to start a family May 2005. After testing & un-related delays, began first treatment cycle Oct 2005. First pregnancy confirmed Sept 2007. Second pregnancy confirmed Mar 2011. Third & fourth pregnancies - 2015.

For other IF couples
If you want to skip back to our infertility adventures, please see the history on the right hand margin. There you can find our journey from 2005 through 2007.

Monday, December 10, 2007

18 week checkup

For my readers that don't live in the south, I have to say you missed out today. It was a gorgeous day here in central NC and a record-setter too. We hit 81° here in the Triangle, which is the all time record high for December. I went to my checkup today in flip-flops & a tshirt with the windows rolled down in my car! It's been enjoyable!

My checkup was not too exciting. I had some bloodwork done (finger-stick & regular blood draw -ugh). They found my iron is still too low (10.7) so I have to take supplements. I'm still showing at just 4lbs over my pre-preggo weight which the doctor says is 'textbook' weight-gain. So that's good, I had thought it seemed low. Though no u/s, the doc did listen to Jaxon's heartbeat (159) once he found it. Apparently BabyJ would not hold still. The doc seemed pretty entertained by it (but I'm the one getting jabbed in the belly). He said that there was no doubt the baby is doing well since he was so active. I really liked this doc, but since they have about 8 or so docs, not sure how often I'll see him.

Now for the fun part - I think I finally felt him move! It's kinda hard to be sure though. They had left me for a long time in the exam room waiting for the doc. So I took advantage of a few minutes of quiet to just relax. While I was sitting there, with my eyes shut, I felt something. It was very slight, and felt like a muscle twitch. So then I concentrated and felt it again though I still was doubtful about it being the baby. I guess after all the jabbing with the doppler thingy, Jax was up & about. When I got home I could feel that same twitch quite frequently, enough to know it is at least not a normal non-pregnant feeling. It was kind of exciting. Jack was so funny, when I told him, he tried to feel it (not quite to that point yet!) and made funny faces while doing so. It'll be fun when he can feel it too!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am just a couple of days behind you in my pregnancy and I fully expect to hear that my iron is getting low soon. With my daughter it got very low and I just wanted to pass on the info my midwife gave me then. Depending on how well you absorb from a pill format and how much the side-effects bother you, you can also try a liquid supplement which is absorbed at a much higher rate and is suspended in concentrated fruit juice to help mitigate the side-effects. So if you find you have any problem with the pills, I would recommend the hideous tasting but effective liquid format. You can find it at health food stores. Good luck.

Mickie said...

Thanks Sarah! I'll def. keep that in mind. I just took the first one today. So far I've had a little bit of GI rumbles, but nothing too bad yet. We'll see how I feel after a few days of it.