HISTORY

Treatments
BABY #1- 6 Clomid cycles, 2 IUIs with Femara, 1 IVF with 3 embryos transferred, 2 more IUIs with Femara & Follistim, and finally 1 IUI with Follistim.
BABY #2 - 2 Follistim cycles and natural conception
BABY #3 - natural conception, miscarried at 10 weeks
BABY #4 - natural conception

Timing
Decided to start a family May 2005. After testing & un-related delays, began first treatment cycle Oct 2005. First pregnancy confirmed Sept 2007. Second pregnancy confirmed Mar 2011. Third & fourth pregnancies - 2015.

For other IF couples
If you want to skip back to our infertility adventures, please see the history on the right hand margin. There you can find our journey from 2005 through 2007.

Friday, December 21, 2007

19 week ultrasound

Thanks to the research study I'm participating in, I'd already found out the sex (boy if you are just joining us) at 16 weeks. So the doc & I agreed that it made sense to wait a little longer before having another ultrasound, so we pushed it out to the end of my 19th week (today is 19w4d).

My mom & I have been hard at work this week (I've been off all this week & do not go back until Jan 2!!! I love my annual two weeks off) so she tagged along today. I work at home so I had a home office, and my husband had his computer in the room next to my office. But his room is going to be the nursery, so we had to figure out how to combine the two rooms. My old huge desk had to come out & we had to go thru all my stuff & reduce the clutter. We also repainted the room (no better time than when you already have it emptied out) and put together some new furniture. I have been exhausted! But I am glad we got it done and that we did this during my 2nd trimester. I know I did not have near the energy needed to this during the 1st trimester and I assume I won't as the 3rd sneaks up on me either.

Anyway, the ultrasound was quick as usual & everything lookd good. I did have the tech confirm the gender for us (before I buy a bunch of blue paint next week). I haven't scanned in the pics yet (our cat has currently taken up residence on top of my scanner & is sound asleep) but they really weren't that exciting anyway. There is one cute one where all you see is a foot, but the rest are hard to tell what is what. I'll post a few later.

No comments: