HISTORY

Treatments
BABY #1- 6 Clomid cycles, 2 IUIs with Femara, 1 IVF with 3 embryos transferred, 2 more IUIs with Femara & Follistim, and finally 1 IUI with Follistim.
BABY #2 - 2 Follistim cycles and natural conception
BABY #3 - natural conception, miscarried at 10 weeks
BABY #4 - natural conception

Timing
Decided to start a family May 2005. After testing & un-related delays, began first treatment cycle Oct 2005. First pregnancy confirmed Sept 2007. Second pregnancy confirmed Mar 2011. Third & fourth pregnancies - 2015.

For other IF couples
If you want to skip back to our infertility adventures, please see the history on the right hand margin. There you can find our journey from 2005 through 2007.

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Not going to Brazil, but at least my feet will be comfy

My doc veto'd the Brazil idea, so I guess I'll miss out this time. If you read my post from last week, you'd see that I had several questions for the doc including the one about a business trip to Brazil at the end of January. Of course I found out shortly afterward that the trip had been postponed nearly a month anyway. Which puts me in my 3rd trimester, so I'm better off not going anyway. But what a bummer! Would've been a cool trip.

My other question was about my lovely new foot massage thingy that said 'do not use if pregnant'. He told me that it was doubtful that it could set off the contractions like my preggers book suggested. He said there is some fact to the theory, but that it was unlikely that it would hit those pressure points enough to trigger anything. So I can finally use my Christmas present! Yippee!

Other than that, he just measured the baby (via measuring my uterus with a plain tape measure over my belly.. which I thought was rather lacking in the technical dept), made a few suggestions of things I should start working on (pick a pediatrician, sign up for labor & breastfeeding class, etc) and checked me for swelling (none so far). We also talked about doulas a little. Most of my friends have either not had one or not mentioned, but one of my friends at work did. And she swears by it. Unfortunately, her lady has since retired. It's one more expense, so I don't know how likely it is, but was curious. He didn't have much to say either way about it. Just that the nurses at the hospital are pretty good & that it's really a preference thing. I don't think hubby is all that interested either.

I go back in 4 weeks and get to do the lovely diabetes screening. After that we step it up to only 2 weeks between appointments.

No comments: