HISTORY

Treatments
BABY #1- 6 Clomid cycles, 2 IUIs with Femara, 1 IVF with 3 embryos transferred, 2 more IUIs with Femara & Follistim, and finally 1 IUI with Follistim.
BABY #2 - 2 Follistim cycles and natural conception
BABY #3 - natural conception, miscarried at 10 weeks
BABY #4 - natural conception

Timing
Decided to start a family May 2005. After testing & un-related delays, began first treatment cycle Oct 2005. First pregnancy confirmed Sept 2007. Second pregnancy confirmed Mar 2011. Third & fourth pregnancies - 2015.

For other IF couples
If you want to skip back to our infertility adventures, please see the history on the right hand margin. There you can find our journey from 2005 through 2007.

Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Slightly elevated glucose

A nurse called me today to let me know that my glucose was 'slightly elevated' at 166 (normal is 130 or less she said). So I do need to go for the full 3 hour glucose test.

They had a whole page of directions available to print right from their website (convenient). I scheduled for next Friday at the WakeMed in Clayton. And for the 3 days prior, I have to add an extra 150gs of carbs to my diet from their specific list of items. Then, I have to fast the evening before & morning of the test.

They start by taking a blood sample, then I'll drink the lovely glucose drink again. At 1, 2 & 3 hours following the drink, they will take more blood samples. My doc's instructions say to sit throughout the test, but the lab tech told me that was not necessary. She said a lot of women just go down to the WalMart in between the blood draws, lol.

2 comments:

Cheryl Anne said...

Me too! I still have to schedule the 3 hour test. I'm trying to think of reasons I can avoid it. :) We are due near the same time! Congrats and nice to meet you. LOL Hope your test goes well...

Mickie said...

Thanks Cheryl Anne! Other than the time it takes, hopefully it won't be too bad! I'm just hoping for a good outcome on the test. Let me know how yours turns out, good luck.