HISTORY

Treatments
BABY #1- 6 Clomid cycles, 2 IUIs with Femara, 1 IVF with 3 embryos transferred, 2 more IUIs with Femara & Follistim, and finally 1 IUI with Follistim.
BABY #2 - 2 Follistim cycles and natural conception
BABY #3 - natural conception, miscarried at 10 weeks
BABY #4 - natural conception

Timing
Decided to start a family May 2005. After testing & un-related delays, began first treatment cycle Oct 2005. First pregnancy confirmed Sept 2007. Second pregnancy confirmed Mar 2011. Third & fourth pregnancies - 2015.

For other IF couples
If you want to skip back to our infertility adventures, please see the history on the right hand margin. There you can find our journey from 2005 through 2007.

Monday, March 03, 2008

Baby Showers!

Thanks to everyone who came to my showers or sent a gift! I really enjoyed both the work shower & family/friends shower!!

My work threw a shower at the office on Wed. (yea I actually went into the office for that). We had a pretty good turnout & it was co-ed. My friend AH planned a couple cute games and decorated a conference room. The group went in on a big gift - our stroller (the big travel system kind that has a car seat too) and a diaper bag! Jack put the stroller together yesterday & I was excited to see it should fit in the mustang trunk (was worried about that). We also got lots of cute outfits and handy items like lotions, wipes, bibs, etc. My stepmom & little sis joined me at the shower. My sis was so cute, she loves to help open the gifts. And she liked all the little plastic baby items on the cake. We had a good time! I forgot my camera, so I'll have to post some pics once I get them from my stepmom or AH.

Yesterday we had the family/friends shower at my aunts house. Everything was beautiful of course and lots of my sorority sisters, family, a few of Jack's co-workers & one of my high school friends came. There were so many great gifts! I was a little overwhelmed. We got a lightweight stroller, a travel swing, travel bed, highchair, bedding, tons of clothes, bibs, towels, etc, a few bags for either diapers or overnight, and a bunch of other wonderful things we needed. Before opening gifts, we dug into the food and played some games. Aunt J had some help hosting from two of my ChiO sisters, CW & LC, who had planned the games. They had 'guess the baby food' where jars were passed out & had to guess which kind, that was funny. (I got 3 of 4 right - the bananas did not look or smell like a banana at all). And then the funniest game was the 'guess the candy bar'. This one I didn't play because I saw them setting it up. They had a few diapers & melted various candy bars which then went into the diaper to look like a used diapee! It was funny to see everyone trying to smell it to guess, lol. I was nice & didn't take any pics of anyone with their nose buried completely in the diaper. I can't wait to see all the pics (I handed off my camera) and will post a few once I download them. My dad came at the end to load up everything and I took their SUV home. I ended up getting home late (spent the evening visiting with family) so Jack brought everything in today. It took up about 1/2 of the nursery! I've got a lot of work to do in there this week!

Thanks again to everyone!

No comments: