HISTORY

Treatments
BABY #1- 6 Clomid cycles, 2 IUIs with Femara, 1 IVF with 3 embryos transferred, 2 more IUIs with Femara & Follistim, and finally 1 IUI with Follistim.
BABY #2 - 2 Follistim cycles and natural conception
BABY #3 - natural conception, miscarried at 10 weeks
BABY #4 - natural conception

Timing
Decided to start a family May 2005. After testing & un-related delays, began first treatment cycle Oct 2005. First pregnancy confirmed Sept 2007. Second pregnancy confirmed Mar 2011. Third & fourth pregnancies - 2015.

For other IF couples
If you want to skip back to our infertility adventures, please see the history on the right hand margin. There you can find our journey from 2005 through 2007.

Tuesday, January 08, 2008

I was supposed to have a checkup yesterday, but I went out to start my car & it would not cooperate. Turns out it was my battery, but no one was close enough to come get me in time. So I rescheduled for next Monday. I had a couple of questions I wanted to ask, but otherwise no hurry for the appt toda (not an ultrasound this time).

My first question for the doctor (and I'm sure quite a few of you will have some input on this too) is about travel. From everything I've read, there is no reason why a pregnant woman cannot fly (though there are some precautions to take). In my job, I have travelled internationally many many times, but not since we started our infertility journey. With the uncertainity & the numerous doctor appointments during infertiltiy treatments, I had to turn down most trips. But, recently an opportunity to go to Brazil came up and that is somewhere I've never been. So I checked out the length of the flights (no leg more than 10 hours - piece of cake) and checked into airline regulations (can't go within 30 days of due date on international trips). So now I just want to hear my doc say it's not an issue, though my guess is that the locale will be more of a concern than the flight itself. Of course the fun part, as usual, is that the plans are still not final even though I'm supposed to leave 2 weeks from today. So I've not even applied for my visa yet, but that's a whole other story.

Another question I have is about heat & massage on pregnant ladies feet. That might sound odd.. but my brother-in-laws gave me what seemed like the perfect Christmas gift - a heated foot massager! However, we quickly found in the instructions that it advised pregnant women NOT to use it (who need a foot massage more than a preggo lady? esp. toward late in the pregnancy!). I figured this was a CYA for the company that made the thing, so I checked my preggo book. I was surprised when it had the same answer - no foot massages. Huh? Ok so the logic goes that there are certain points in the feet that can trigger contractions. I'm a little skeptical that a simple foot massager could do this, but I've held off using it just yet til I can check with the doc.

No comments: