HISTORY

Treatments
BABY #1- 6 Clomid cycles, 2 IUIs with Femara, 1 IVF with 3 embryos transferred, 2 more IUIs with Femara & Follistim, and finally 1 IUI with Follistim.
BABY #2 - 2 Follistim cycles and natural conception
BABY #3 - natural conception, miscarried at 10 weeks
BABY #4 - natural conception

Timing
Decided to start a family May 2005. After testing & un-related delays, began first treatment cycle Oct 2005. First pregnancy confirmed Sept 2007. Second pregnancy confirmed Mar 2011. Third & fourth pregnancies - 2015.

For other IF couples
If you want to skip back to our infertility adventures, please see the history on the right hand margin. There you can find our journey from 2005 through 2007.

Thursday, January 03, 2008

Labor & Birth Education

Well we are all signed up for Labor & Birth education classes.

Because of our schedules, esp my DHs, we chose a weekend intensive class (who knew they even did that?! awesome) instead of going an hour a week for two months. The website said to signup in your third trimester, but then I got a call almost immediately from the hospital advising that I should change the date to closer to my due date. Apparently they should be more specific, as it should be completed within a couple weeks of your due date. I guess if you are taking the evening 6week long version, then the statement about signing up anytime in the 3rd trimester makes sense. So we got it switched around, and because they only offer the weekend intensive every so often, we actually will take it about 4 weeks before my due date. So we'll go April 12 & 13 for the whole day Saturday and half the day Sunday, then we'll be done. Jack is also going to a Daddy Boot Camp class in March. I can't wait to hear how this goes. He's never changed a diaper, or other basic baby care so we thought it might be good for him. Unlike me, he didn't have a lot of younger siblings or cousins around for practice. Actually I wish I could go too, I'm sure he'll learn some stuff that I don't know. They had some other classes we could sign up for that would give me the chance for similiar learning, but I didn't want to pay for more than 2 classes.

No comments: